With 4 children between ages 2 and 13, trying to homeschool, keep the house looking semi-decent, garden, take care of myself, spend time with my husband, when it comes to cooking, simple is the name of the game! For a lunch that came together easily and was so delicious, here’s what I did:
• The night before, soak some Cannellini beans in water
• In the morning, rinse beans very well and cook in InstaPot with just water (I did 25 minutes)
• Then about 20-30 minutes before vou eat:
• Sauté 1 onion in coconut oil until golden
• Add 3-4 cups cherry tomatoes (I had some yummy frozen ones from last year’s garden)
• Blend 1 c cashews in 2 c water until smooth (add more water for the consistency you like) and add to the pan.
• Add 1 bunch baby broccoli chopped in 1 inch segments
• Season with Celtic or Himalayan salt, onion and garlic powder and any fresh herbs you like such as basil, parsley or cilantro
• Simmer until broccoli is tender
• Drain the beans and cover them with the cashew cream and veggies. Don’t forget to add some nicely toasted @simplekneads_gf bread.
We rarely go a meal without Simple Kneads bread in this house!
Enjoy! It’s so hearty and satisfying without being too heavy.
Recipe is by: Sacha LeClaire.