This delightful dish combines the wholesome goodness of gluten-free sourdough with a medley of flavors, resulting in a treat that’s both comforting and nutritious. Grated Granny Smith apples lend a refreshing crunch, while a blend of nut-milk, flaxseeds, cinnamon, and vanilla imparts a rich, aromatic essence. Sweetened with a touch of maple syrup or frozen apple juice concentrate, this indulgence is perfect for a cozy brunch or a special dessert. Topped with your favorite fruits, plant-based whipped cream, and a drizzle of maple syrup, it’s a symphony of tastes and textures that’s sure to delight your taste buds. Discover the joy of wholesome baking with this Simple Kneads creation!
1 Simple Kneads GF Plain Sourdough loaf
1 cup of your favorite unsweetened nut-milk
2 T. Flaxseeds
1 t. cinnamon, or to your liking
½ t. vanilla
2 T. Maple Syrup or frozen apple juice concentrate
2 granny smith apples, grated
- Cut bread in cubes and place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Blend milk, flaxseeds, cinnamon, vanilla and sweetener until smooth. Set aside.
- Grate apples and mix into bread cubes
- Pour blended milk mixture over the bread cubes and grated apples, and stir carefully until well mixed.
- Grease cake pan (or muffin pans) and fill with the mixture. If using muffin pans just spoon in with your hands (pile high).
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes
- Enjoy topped with your favorite fruit, plant-based whip cream and maple syrup drizzled on top!